The Northwest Regional Emergency Communications Board (NWRECB) was formed to:
- Create a governance structure to guide local agencies through changes in emergency communications technology, their installation, application, and operations;
- Provide regional cooperation in acquiring and administering regional emergency communication systems; and
- To create interoperability with the State of MN and create a cooperative relationship with the State of MN Department of Emergency Communications.
During the early months of 2013, the Northwest Regional Emergency Communications Board created a clear mission, developed value statements, and identified how they want to live their values.
The Northwest Regional Emergency Communications Board’s mission is to:
- Ensure all geographies of the Region are served by high-quality, effective public safety communications;
- Make forward thinking policy; and
- Serve owners and operators of communications systems, users of communications systems, and the citizenry that relies on public safety services.
The Northwest Regional Emergency Communications Board lives a set of values to pursue our mission. We:
- Serve the citizenry of our Region with reliable, effective, and equitable public safety services;
- Are good stewards of public dollars and seek cost-effective solutions;
- Maintain individual member autonomy to make decisions about the development and implementation of public safety communications systems and operational guidelines;
- Have open, honest, and respectful conversation with transparent decision making; and
- Work with internal and external stakeholders, valuing their time and talents, as partners in our mission.
To live our values we must collectively do the following:
- Communicate clear roles, responsibilities, and accountability;
- Reduce individual time commitments and increase value to individuals;
- Broaden the stakeholder base and give each perspective a voice;
- Communicate effectively;
- Make informed decisions;
- Be flexible; and
- Celebrate hard work, be thankful for each other and our partners, and have fun!