Proof of Payment
Proof of Payment
Proof of payment in the form of either a copy of the front and back of a cancelled check or a clear and accurate expenditure report from a sub-grantee’s financial system must be submitted for every expense in a grant request. The proof of payment document should include dollar amounts, dates, vendor names, and invoice numbers that match the information included in the grant request. For personnel expenses, a payroll report showing dates and amounts broken down by employee is required as proof of payment documentation.
When an employee’s personal credit card is used to make a purchase, a copy of that individual’s credit card statement showing the purchase as well as proof that the sub-grantee agency reimbursed the individual for the charge must both be submitted as proof of payment. When a business credit card is used to make a purchase, a copy of the credit card statement showing the purchase as well as proof that the sub-grantee agency paid an amount equal to or greater than this expense against the credit card balance must be provided as proof of payment. Source: HSEM Grant Manual (Page 11)
|(1) Invoice||(2) Commissioners Warrant/Voucher||(3) Cancelled Warrant/Check|
- Check/Warrant: Original detailed Warrant/Check (front of check) plus Cancelled Warrant/Check (back of check) cleared from the bank. Note: You may need to request the cleared check from your Treasurer's Office.
- Financial System Statements: Show evidence the funds were transferred through invoice/warrant supporting documentation (I.e. Commissioners Warrant, Claim sheet, Voucher, Disbursement Detail, etc.)
- ACH Payments: ACH Remittance Advice Items detail sheet for the cleared Warrant/Check from the bank
- Credit Card: Copy of credit card statement showing the purchase as well as proof that the sub-grantee agency reimbursed the individual, or for a business credit card, paid an amount equal to or greater than the expense against the credit card balance, must both be submitted as proof of payment (See Credit Cards above).
- IFS - Warrant #
- IFS - Disbursement Detail Inquiry
- IFS - Work with Disbursement Detail
- IFS - Warrant Register
- Bank Activity - Deposit Accounts